Together, we can make an impact.
Building a strong community that takes care of everyone who lives here depends on your generous support.
Prospective UWBA Board/Advisory Council Candidate Suggestion
At United Way Bay Area, we'd like your suggestions to help us build the best fiduciary board and advisory council possible. The Board of Directors focuses on governance, fiduciary duties and overall strategy and this year will grow from 9 to 13 members. We also are recruiting for our Advisory Council, which focuses on United Way Bay Area's programs and impact, the communities we serve, and increasing awareness and support for our work. There are currently 19 members, and we plan to grow the Advisory Council to 40 members over the next two years. We're looking for candidates for both the Board of Directors and the Advisory Council who can help us better reflect the full range of experiences, perspectives and demographics of our 8 county region.
All nominations are welcome, and we are prioritizing the selection of new Board and Advisory Council members who possess one or more of the following characteristics:
- identify as women or non-binary
- identify as Black, Latinx, Indigenous, and/or Asian/Pacific Islander
- identify as LGBTQ+
- live and/or work in Napa, Marin, Solano, Contra Costa or Santa Clara Counties
- have lived experience with our programs
- work in technology or biotech sectors
- lead nonprofit or labor organizations that are focused on issues that UWBA works on
- Work in public sector, particularly at the County or Community College levels
- experience in finance, fundraising, marketing, legal or strategic planning on a nonprofit board
Be In the Know
Sign up for our emails and stay informed about how we work with partners and supporters like you to strengthen our community.
What Browser Am I Using?
You are currently using…
This browser will no longer be supported by Microsoft.
Try a different browser
We support any of these free, and easy to install, browsers.