Together, we can make an impact.
Building a strong community that takes care of everyone who lives here depends on your generous support.
Twilio Global Impact DayUnited Way Bay Area And Compass Family Services Partner With Twilio For Their Global Impact Day
By: Anton Timms
United Way Bay Area partnered with Twilio to support the mission of our Emergency Food and Shelter Program. The Emergency Food and Shelter Program was created by Congress in 1983 to help meet the needs of hungry and homeless people throughout the United States and its territories. Money allocated through this program to Bay Area organizations is distributed through UWBA. Compass Family Services, an EFSP agency, was selected as a beneficiary for Twilio’s Global Impact Day. This day is an event that happens with thousands of Twilio employees all over the world.
On Friday, September 17, 2021, Twilio brought 40+ volunteers to support the assembling of kits and painting canvasses. Volunteers were divided into three volunteer groups that helped with the following projects:
- Assembled 150 snack packs for youth that included a water bottle, granola bars, a bag of chips, nuts, and a package of cookies.
- Beautified and spruced up a rooftop youth garden and planted new plants. Volunteers participated in a gardening activity with 15 youth that included planting vegetables in a clay pot.
- Painted 18 canvases that combined created 3 large murals to be hung in Compass Family Services childcare program space.
- Lastly, volunteers assembled 300 personal care kits. The kits included more than 17 items like deodorant, shampoo/conditioner, washcloths, sanitizers, masks, band-aids, and many other items.
“The Compass Family Resource Center (CFRC) team is really excited about having these colorful murals sprucing up the childcare area! I am looking forward to participating in more events with UWBA and your partners, and in finding other ways to partner with UWBA in supporting our community.” - Karin Lamb, Compass Family Services Volunteer Coordinator.
United Way Bay Area and Compass Family Services are so thankful for the volunteers and the Twilions that coordinated these efforts for individuals and families to be proud of the programs they care about. We look forward to working with Twilio and Compass Family Services again in the future!
A special shoutout goes out to:
- Jeff Lawson, Twilio, CEO
- Marc Boroditsky, Twilio, Chief Revenue Officer
- Donnie McCleskey, Twilio, Team Lead Social Impact Sales, former UW Account Executive
- Christina Frantz, Twilio, Director of Social Impact
- Toby Quaranta, Twilio, Strategic Enterprise Accounts Social Impact
- Hale Walker, Twilio, Senior Executive Assistant and Project Manager
- Karin Lamb, Compass Family Services, Volunteer and Community Resources Manager
- Stacy Webb, Compass Family Services, Corporate Relations Manager
- Rita Gupta, UWBA, Director of Corporate Partnerships
DONATEHelp struggling Bay Area residents build a better tomorrow.
Be In the Know
Sign up for our emails and stay informed about how we work with partners and supporters like you to strengthen our community.
What Browser Am I Using?
You are currently using…
This browser will no longer be supported by Microsoft.
Try a different browser
We support any of these free, and easy to install, browsers.