Last night, stuffed gorillas made the rounds at the annual Koko Challenge awards ceremony. The Bay Area legal community came together for the last few months to fundraise and volunteer, partnering with United Way to help cut poverty. This year, lawyers raised a record $1.6 million
The plush gorilla toys are the mascots for the Koko Challenge and the coveted prizes for the lawyers who compete. Lawyers proudly display them in their offices throughout the year and then pass them on to next year’s winners just like the Miss America Crown.
Competitors are judged by dollars raised, employee participation, volunteerism, and creativity. And without further ado, this year’s awards go to:
- Bryan Cave LLP: Baby Koko (1-49 attorneys)
- Sidley Austin LLP: Little Koko (50-100 attorneys)
- Reed Smith LLP: Big Koko (100+ attorneys)
- Bahareh Mostajelean and Thomas Lee: Top Banana (the top employee campaign coordinator)
- Gordon Hart of Paul Hastings: Silver Back (the top partner)
- Crowell & Moring: Rookie of the year
Click here for full list of winners.
Click here for the press release.