Last week, United Way released data about 2-1-1 for the nine-county Bay Area, which indicated call volume surged 39% last year. Several media outlets reported on the surge in demand – click the links below to read or listen to news coverage.
- KCBS Radio – 211 Social Service Assistance Calls on the Rise
- Contra Costa Times – Calls to 211 social services lines keep rising
- The San Francisco Chronicle – Calls to 2-1-1 help line surge with requests for housing, food and jobs
- The New York Times Bay Area Blog – More People Dial 211 for Help
- Times-Herald – Surge in calls to 211 illustrates increased needs in Solano and neighboring counties
- The Reporter – Solano County residents’ calls to United Way rise 22%