If you are struggling to make ends meet, you might not have time to get help at multiple locations or know what programs area available to you. That’s why United Way created SparkPoint: one-stop Bay Area financial help and education centers where low-income residents can access a full range of free services. People are teamed with a one-on-one financial coach and create step-by-step plans in three areas:
- Increasing income, from accessing public assistance to free tax prep, to job training and placement
- Managing credit, including improving credit score, managing debt, and creating a household budget
- Building assets, including matched savings accounts and first-time home buyer programs
Download the SparkPoint Information Kit.
Free Sparkpoint Services
SparkPoint’s 10 Bay Area financial help centers have helped 4,500 in the last year. Services may vary per location.
» Location and Contact information for Sparkpoint Centers
Sparkpoint Centers help families create step-by-step plans to tackle their unique needs, and connect them to services to address each one.
- Credit Counseling/Repair
- Job Placement/Training
- Career Development
- Higher Education
- Entrepreneurship Training
- Business Development
- Benefit Screenings
- Individual Development Accounts
- Home Ownership
- Tax Preparation