Thanks to contributions from donors, corporations and foundations, we are able to make grants to top-performing community programs that support our poverty-cutting mission by:
- Providing food, rent, utility and other basic needs assistance to residents hardest hit by the economic crisis.
- Enrolling children in health insurance and funding health clinics that serve low-income populations.
- Helping workers increase their incomes through training programs, college, and financial education and coaching.
- Connecting residents to financial services and matched savings accounts to help build assets.
- Boosting academic achievement by bringing essential social services to children and families at school sites.
- Spreading early literacy initiatives.
- Improving the professional development, compensation, and working conditions of early child care teachers
- Preventing youth from dropping out of school and providing exposure and skills for college or careers
- Helping youth leaving the foster care system find stable employment, housing, and access higher education