As part of our commitment to community excellence and measurable impact, our work is guided by United Way’s Standards of Excellence. These standards are designed to enhance the effectiveness of the 1,350 United Way affiliates through shared best practices and benchmarks.
Our Board of Directors oversees the management of United Way of the Bay Area. Our Board and Finance Committee, comprised of volunteers, review and approve our annual budget and financial statements, which include campaign fundraising results, community investments and operating expenses. Our financial statements are audited annually by a nationally recognized accounting firm, which certifies that its financial statements are in full compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
IRS Form 990. Please note that these are very large files. To download the file right click on
the link and “Save As.”
- FY2012 IRS Form 990 (pdf 9.71MB)
- FY2011 IRS Form 990 (pdf 9.25 MB)
- FY2010 IRS Form 990 (pdf 9.95 MB)
- FY2009 IRS Form 990 (pdf 9.73 MB)
Audited Financial Statements
- Audited Financial with A-133 Statements for the year ended June 30, 2012 and 2011 (pdf 1.3 MB)
- Audited Financial with A-133 Statements for the year ended June 30, 2011 and 2010 (pdf 1.3 MB)
- Audited Financial Statements for the year ended June 30, 2009 and 2008 (pdf 290 KB)
Download the latest Annual Report
- 2011-12 United Way of the Bay Area Annual Report (pdf 3.8 MB)
Articles of incorporation
- Download articles (pdf)
United Way of the Bay Area Policies
- Non-Coercion (pdf)
- Non-Discrimination Policy (pdf)
- Code of Conflict of Interest (pdf)
- Code of Ethical Conduct (pdf)
- Corporate Compliance Policy (pdf)
- UWBA Diversity Statement (pdf)
Provided upon written request. Requests should be sent to our San Francisco headquarters and addressed to Ginny Nichols, Senior Director, Corporate Governance and Executive Assistant to the CEO. Our address is United Way of the Bay Area, ATTN: Ginny Nichols, 550 Kearny, Suite 1000, San Francisco, CA 94108.